ALL ferries will depart ‘Man O War Steps’ Sydney Opera House (east).
Departure times will be 30-40 mins before advertised session times. To ensure smooth sailing, please arrive 45 mins before your session start time. That way we can get you on your way to paradise quickly.
Please note: to provide the best experience possible, our departure times are strictly observed and we cannot wait for late-comers. So please ensure that you allow extra travel time on your journey to the Man O War Steps to avoid delays.
Guests will be welcomed aboard the Bellini Boats with a glass of Bellini Cipriani in your own Wine Island tumbler – be sure to keep this as it’s your tasting glass for the day, and beyond.
RETURNING FROM THE ISLAND
Ferries will depart Clark Island wharf 20 minutes before advertised session time.
This year’s drop off is Campbell’s Cove Pontoon, Circular Quay which is located just to the north of the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
PLEASE NOTE: Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed on the return ferry trip. Any opened bottles will be confiscated so please keep a lid on it.
Cashless Service and Wristbands at WINE ISLAND
Wine Island uses Festival Currency for all transactions on the island. This means that all food and drink purchases along with merch and masterclasses at Wine Island must be paid for using Festival Currency.
No cash transactions are allowed. How will it work?
Holidaymakers will receive their wristbands approximately two – four weeks out from the Wine Island festival. Follow the instructions received with your wristband to activate and upload currency to your wristband so you don’t have to worry about doing this on the island. Closing date for pre-purchasing currency is Tuesday 30 October at 5pm.
Should you choose not to Activate your wristband you may not receive your entitlements.
On the island, you can purchase from our Festival Currency Hut or via roaming currency sellers. Visitors can simply ask an exhibitor or seller to scan their wristband to find out how much credit they have remaining.
All festival currency transactions are subject to a one off service fee – if processed prior to the event online, via Eventopia, this fee is $2.50 or if processed on the island the fee is $3.50.
What if I don’t use all the Festival Currency on my wristband?
Refunds for unused Festival Currency will be available via the Wine Island website between Monday 5th November from 12pm to Friday 9th November at 5pm (AEDST) only – no refunds will be available after this time. You will need your wristbands RFID number, barcode number and serial number to claim a refund along with contact and bank account details.
Refunds can take up to 14 days to process.
For lost wristbands contact email@example.com. A fee of $25 will apply to replace at the wharf.
Wine Island is a 3 day wine festival taking place on Clark Island, Sydney Harbour, on Friday 2 November – Sunday 4 November, 2018.
Sessions run from 10am – 2pm and 4pm – 8pm daily.
Being an island full of wine, there will be a range of alcoholic beverages available to taste and purchase by the glass and bottle.
Please note: Wine Island only serves tastings and beverages by the glass. All bottle purchases are for take away consumption only and must be taken off the island unopened. There is also a strict no drinking policy on the return ferry which you must adhere to.
- You can bring along picnic rugs, but no tables or chairs.
- Please make sure you wear suitable footwear (kick off those heels!) as the island can be rugged in places. Safety and comfort first.
- Bring umbrella, good quality raincoats, gumboots and a sense of adventure in case it rains.
- Credit card and cash in case you want to purchase Festival Currency on the island to purchase more tastings, glasses or bottles of wine etc. All exchanges of money is via our Festival Currency sellers who will upload $s to your wristbands. There will be no ATM on the island.
- Sunscreen, a hat and a smile!
- Alcohol, non alcoholic drinks – this includes water, juice, soft drinks, sports drinks etc
- Metal cutlery, including cheese knives.
- Food – we have really good food to go with really good wine on the island.
- Tables & chairs
- Pets (other than trained assistance animals such as guide dogs)
- Drugs and illicit substances
There will be a security check on the island and prohibited items will be confiscated.
Wine Island does not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
Please note Wine Island is an outdoor event and will proceed rain, hail or (no) shine. The island location can be affected by the weather conditions so come prepared with wet weather gear, raincoats, ponchos and/or umbrellas and a good attitude.
The festival will only be cancelled if the weather conditions become extreme and dangerous on the day of the festival or in the lead up. Please note that an assessment regarding cancellation may be delayed, due to the changeability of weather conditions at this time of the year.
The decision to cancel the festival will be made on festival day. Attendees should check this website AND social media BEFORE departing for the festival for messages on wet weather arrangements.
Media and professional photographers must arrange accreditation through firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be photography and filming taking place at Wine Island. If you do not wish to be captured please notify a member of our crew.
Experiencing difficulty ordering your tickets? Try these troubleshooting suggestions:
- Update your browser – download the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, because our ticketing company is constantly updating their site to make the experience better for their customers and clients and sometimes older browsers have a hard time keeping up and processing orders. In our experience these internet browsers perform the best with our updated site.
- Clear your cache including your browser history and tracking cookies – as you use your internet browser daily to surf the web, many sites force tracking cookies onto your browser to better cater ads to your interests (Facebook, Amazon, etc.). Over time these harmless bits of data can pile up in your browser’s cache and hinder credit card processing on our site. Each browser has the ability to delete these cookies permanently so please check your settings preferences.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact email@example.com
All successful purchases will receive a confirmation email within seconds of a successful transaction. Please check your email’s Spam, Junk or Promotions folder, just in case our email got stuck there (then make sure to mark our email as ‘Not Spam’, so it doesn’t happen again). Alternatively you can log into your Eventopia account and go to your ‘Purchase History’ to view your receipt confirming your successful order.
If your order has been processed successfully it will show in your bank account or credit card statement. Please check these online for confirmation.
You should treat your wristbands like cash and keep them safe until the event as these are your tickets to Wine Island. We do understand that sometimes items can get misplaced so if you have lost your wristband, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the last 4 digits of the credit card that you purchased the tickets with so that we can reissue them for you. Please note that we’re only able to assist the original purchaser of the tickets, not a friend or family member who is helping out.
For lost/misplaced wristbands contact email@example.com. A fee of $25 will apply to replace at the wharf – so try keep your wristbands in a safe and memorable place!
There is a no swimming policy in place for the duration of the Wine Island festival.
- This is an over 18’s event. Entry will be refused to persons under the age of 18
- Admission to the event will only be granted upon presentation of a wristband
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons present a valid and acceptable form of photo identification (Australian Drivers Licence, passport or RTA endorsed proof of age card)
- As this is a licensed venue, entry will be refused to people who are intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Patrons choosing to bring valuables to the venue do so at their own risk
- Any patron may be required to undergo search, pat down, bag check and / or metal detector search at the wharf and/or during the event. A person who refuses to undergo such a search, pat down and/or bag check may be prohibited from entering the event without being entitled to a refund of the admission fee, or such a visitor may be immediately removed from the event
- There are no pass outs
- This is an all weather event and will proceed in the case of rain, hail or shine. No refund will be provided
- There is no smoking at this event as you are on National Parklands
- Wine Island maintains a zero tolerance drug policy
- Wine Island maintains a zero tolerance policy to dangerous, abusive and/or threatening behaviour – anyone showing these behaviours will be ejected from the island at their own expense
- None of the following will be accepted onto the island :
- weapons of any kind
- glass or breakable containers
- metal cutlery, including cheese knives
- skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles
- Pets (except trained / approved assistance animals)
- Furniture or structures (table, chairs, eskies etc)
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the island at their own expense
- Wine Island reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons who breach the Conditions of Entry